2002-05-02 - 12:36 p.m.
Forty things to do before Iím forty. In no particular order. Idea shamelessly stolen from Dorothy.
- Bake a cheesecake.
- Visit Australia and New Zealand. Stay there for a while. Live there, if possible.
- Buy a house.
- Take piano lessons again.
- Become a 4.0 tennis player.
- Go to nationals for USTA tennis.
- Get a new bike. Ride it more than I drive my car.
- Have a baby.
- Live abroad again.
- Take a biking trip in Italy.
- Live near the ocean.
- Go camping in the Appalachian Mountains and hike part of the Appalachian Trail.
- Get something creative published. Work stuff doesnít count.
- Lose 40 pounds.
- Finish my masterís degree.
Sew my own curtains.
- Finish my knitted hat. At this rate, it might take me until Iím 40.
Grow my own herbs.
- Grow my own vegetables.
- Plant a tree in my yard.
- Own a piano. Play it.
- Exercise every day.
- Find a new career (and job) that I love.
Start an online journal. Write in it.
- Write a novel. Get it published.
- Have another baby.
- Make jam from scratch.
- Learn French.
- Learn Spanish (again).
Roast a chicken.
- Grow my hair long.
- Cut my hair short.
- Live near the mountains.
- Start my own business.
- Renovate a house. Preferably my own.
- Stop working for The Man.
- Dye my hair purple. Or magenta.
- Build a chair. Or a table. Or some bookshelves.
- Learn to Rollerblade. For real this time.
- Knit an afghan. Or a sweater.
<-- previous [Obligitory biography.] - next [Weekend.] -->
Recommend my diary to a friend.